Here we GROW again….
This charity event will be held for the second consecutive year at the Walk of Fame Park located just in front of the Country Music Hall of Fame (and behind the Hilton Hotel). With cooking teams from near and far vying to take home the $1,000 Grand Prize and “Music City’s Best Wings-2012” bragging rights, there will be no shortage of mouth-watering wings for patrons to sample throughout the day.
For a small donation ($1 suggested donation), hot wing connoisseurs can taste-test entries from each team to fuel a fiery hunger while demonstrating support for a good cause; all proceeds from the MCSHWF will benefit the Ronald McDonald Charities House of Nashville.
Over 20 teams are expected to participate, preparing more than 200 lbs. of wings for the event.
In addition to the 2012 Hot Wing Cook Off the festival will feature
- 2 Music Stages – featuring live music from some of Music City’s most extraordinary artists and performers
- Hot Wing Eating Competition – If you are man or woman enough show us what you got…
- Silent Auction Bring your checkbook so you may bid on a broad array of interesting items and gift certificates donated by business all around Nashville.
- Kids Corner offers an array of fun and activities for kids of all ages.
Gates open at 11am Festival Closes at 7PM – We look forward to seeing you there!!
View Larger Map
The Music City Walk of Fame, Walk of Fame Park is located across from the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and behind the Hilton Downtown Nashville. Here, you will find in-laid granite stars where some of the most legendary figures in the music industry have been honored. See Festival Layout
Come out on September 29th and enjoy a cold beverage and some of the best wings around prepared by our hot wing cook off competitors who come from far and wide to showcase their cooking skills.
- Smead Lot (184 feet E)
- Gruhn Lot (277 feet NW)
- 4th & Shelby (278 feet SE)
- Holt Lot (285 feet NE)
- Hastings Lot (427 feet E)
This event is being held as a fund raiser for the Ronald McDonald House of Nashville. Your gate fee is a donation to this worthy cause. Tickets may be purchased in advance of the event for a discounted price
- Advanced Tickets – $7.50 Available at any Nashville MAPCO station or The Ronald McDonald House at 2144 Fairfax Avenue.
- At the Gate: $10.00
- Children: Children under the age of 12 are Free
Allowed and Prohibited Items
What is not allowed
- Alcoholic beverages of any type may not be brought onto the festival grounds.
- Pets of any kind. Not our rule…this is a Nashville Health Department regulation.
(An exception will be granted for service animals.)
- NO GLASS BOTTLES
- NO COOLERS
- Lawnchairs and Blankets for seating
RAIN DATE: October 1, 2012
Official Announcements regarding any inclement weather will be made through our website.
Does it Cost anything to try the wings?
Yes, you can sample some of the wings for usually about a cost of $1.00. This will usually get you 1-2 wings. (Subject to change). There will also be a number of other various (non-hotwing) food vendors located on the festival grounds where you can purchase food and beverages during the event. Pricing is vendor specific.